Versatile Blogger Award Goodness

A little while back, Yashikibuta nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award!

I really couldn’t believe it when I read her comment — it was definitely the last thing I expected to happen after taking a couple months off from blogging! :)  Thank you so much for nominating me, Yashie! <3  If you haven’t seen her blog, Thriving Pessimist, you should check it out — her dogs are as spoiled as my kitties! She definitely loves her furbabies :)

When you’re nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award, there are seven things you need to do:

1.   Nominate 15  fellow bloggers.

2.  Inform the bloggers of their nomination.

3.  Share seven (7) random things about you.

4. Thank the blogger who nominated you.

5.  Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture on your post.

Well, I’ve got 4 and 5 down, so I guess it’s time to do the rest!

Seven random things about me:

– Somehow I find it easier to clean the house when Ben isn’t home.  I have no real idea why this is a fact, but it is.  It takes me a lesser amount of time to get things done if I’m home alone, and I have a stronger feeling of contentment about it when it’s done.  Probably because I know it’s not going to get messed up again in five minutes (kidding, Ben, kidding *cough* )

– I love bad reality TV shows.  I know that makes me a horrible person, but it provides a nice distraction at the end of a long day.  My favorites include: Geordie Shore, Wife Swap, Come Dine With Me, and Jersey Shore.  Don’t judge.

– I weigh more now than I ever have before and it freaks me out, yet I’m having trouble sticking to a solid diet (or healthy eating/smaller portion sizes) and exercise plan.  :( Something I struggle with on a daily basis.  I’ve managed to lose 2kg in the past few weeks, so that’s a good start, but I need to stick with it this time!  I don’t eat horrible food, but I don’t get enough exercise and I know this.

– I would call myself a Pagan at this point in time.  I practiced Paganism for almost 10 years of my life, before becoming a Buddhist, but Buddhism just wasn’t doing it for me.  I would like to find a group of Pagans to celebrate holidays here in New Zealand, but I’m not sure where to start looking.

– I sometimes isolate myself when I’m going through anti-social bouts.  It could be a mild form of anxiety, but it’s definitely not because I don’t want to see people.  I’m not sure why I do it, but yeah. I wouldn’t say it’s depression, but a general feeling of “I’d rather stay home than go out somewhere” can, and does, happen with me sometimes.  I’m getting better at pushing that aside.

– I would love to volunteer at an animal shelter one day when my work schedule allows for it.

– I love socks.  What do I want for Christmas usually? Socks. Why? There’s a 5th dimension in my house (wherever I live) that eats socks.  I’m not kidding. This is absolutely the truth.  So when you see a website like Not Socks Gifts, just know that socks will always be a welcome gift under my tree ;)

11 bloggers I’d like to nominate for the Versatile Blogger Award:

NZ Ecochick

Craving Fresh

My little corner of Rhode Island

Moon over Martinborough

Jimmie Chew

Promenade Plantings

Sarah the Gardener

Eight Acres

Nigel Gnome Grows a Vegetable

Moonlight Micro-Farm

The Kitchen’s Garden

I had a hard time listing the blogs to nominate, as I read so many at the moment, but these 11 really stood out lately! :) I do think a few of them have already been nominated for this award, but I don’t see anything wrong with someone being nominated more than once — definitely check out those links if you’re looking for new blogs to follow!

1. ceciliag
    May 03, 2012 @ 00:22:44

OO, that looks like a lovely list of fellow bloggers to check out, i am very honoured to be included.. congrats to you for your award and have a stunning day. if you see any of my socks, that is because I have a black sock hole too, they must be going to turn up somewhere!! c

2. jimmie chew
    May 03, 2012 @ 00:23:21

thank you so much!

3. promenadeplantings
    May 03, 2012 @ 03:44:25

Thank you for thinking of me :) It’s lovely to see you back blogging again too, I know you’ve had a VERY BUSY year.

4. farmer_liz
    May 03, 2012 @ 10:14:51

wow, thanks for the nomination! I might take a while to write a reply post, its pretty hard to choose who to nominate, there are so many great blogs out there! It will be fun to have a think about it. Cheers, Liz

5. Emma @ Craving Fresh
    May 04, 2012 @ 13:43:29

Thanks for the nomination Gwen!

I share a few things in common with you from your list. I prefer tidying and cooking when people aren’t watching/around. Partly so they can’t judge my technique, and partly so I can surprise them with the finished results.

I also tend to withdraw to the home when I’m feeling down about myself, which usually coincides with my “lady time” coming.

I also weigh more than ever, (except for when I was pregnant). It sucks. I know I need to give up the sugar, and I have good cracks at it, but it’s just so dang addictive – especially when my lady time is coming.

May 21, 2012 @ 15:45:18

You’re welcome!

Sorry for the late reply!

It’s good to know I’m not completely abnormal, lol.

Can’t wait to see more of you in Wellington in the future!

6. gardeningkiwi
    May 06, 2012 @ 08:50:10

Hi Gwen. Firstly, congratulations on your recent wedding! So exciting.
    Thank you for nominating me for the award, I really appreciate it. I was also nominated a couple of weeks back and had a lot of fun with the blog that goes with it! Thanks again Cheers Sarah : o )

7. nzecochick
    May 17, 2012 @ 09:18:30

Thanks so much sweets. Here’s my link up: http://www.nzecochick.com/2011/05/versatile-blogger-award.html

8. elitrope
    May 24, 2012 @ 10:21:39

Gwen, thanks bunches for the nomination! I’m late to the party – as usual – though I’m most appreciative, none-the-less. There are some good picks on your list that I’ll be back to visit. Cheers, Chandra

9. Trackback: Versatile blogger award | NZ Ecochick