A little while back, Yashikibuta nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award!
I really couldn’t believe it when I read her comment — it was definitely the last thing I expected to happen after taking a couple months off from blogging! :) Thank you so much for nominating me, Yashie! <3 If you haven’t seen her blog, Thriving Pessimist, you should check it out — her dogs are as spoiled as my kitties! She definitely loves her furbabies :)
When you’re nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award, there are seven things you need to do:
1. Nominate 15 fellow bloggers.
2. Inform the bloggers of their nomination.
3. Share seven (7) random things about you.
4. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
5. Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture on your post.
Well, I’ve got 4 and 5 down, so I guess it’s time to do the rest!
Seven random things about me:
– Somehow I find it easier to clean the house when Ben isn’t home. I have no real idea why this is a fact, but it is. It takes me a lesser amount of time to get things done if I’m home alone, and I have a stronger feeling of contentment about it when it’s done. Probably because I know it’s not going to get messed up again in five minutes (kidding, Ben, kidding *cough* )
– I love bad reality TV shows. I know that makes me a horrible person, but it provides a nice distraction at the end of a long day. My favorites include: Geordie Shore, Wife Swap, Come Dine With Me, and Jersey Shore. Don’t judge.
– I weigh more now than I ever have before and it freaks me out, yet I’m having trouble sticking to a solid diet (or healthy eating/smaller portion sizes) and exercise plan. :( Something I struggle with on a daily basis. I’ve managed to lose 2kg in the past few weeks, so that’s a good start, but I need to stick with it this time! I don’t eat horrible food, but I don’t get enough exercise and I know this.
– I would call myself a Pagan at this point in time. I practiced Paganism for almost 10 years of my life, before becoming a Buddhist, but Buddhism just wasn’t doing it for me. I would like to find a group of Pagans to celebrate holidays here in New Zealand, but I’m not sure where to start looking.
– I sometimes isolate myself when I’m going through anti-social bouts. It could be a mild form of anxiety, but it’s definitely not because I don’t want to see people. I’m not sure why I do it, but yeah. I wouldn’t say it’s depression, but a general feeling of “I’d rather stay home than go out somewhere” can, and does, happen with me sometimes. I’m getting better at pushing that aside.
– I would love to volunteer at an animal shelter one day when my work schedule allows for it.
– I love socks. What do I want for Christmas usually? Socks. Why? There’s a 5th dimension in my house (wherever I live) that eats socks. I’m not kidding. This is absolutely the truth. So when you see a website like Not Socks Gifts, just know that socks will always be a welcome gift under my tree ;)
11 bloggers I’d like to nominate for the Versatile Blogger Award:
My little corner of Rhode Island
Moon over Martinborough
Sarah the Gardener
Nigel Gnome Grows a Vegetable
The Kitchen’s Garden
I had a hard time listing the blogs to nominate, as I read so many at the moment, but these 11 really stood out lately! :) I do think a few of them have already been nominated for this award, but I don’t see anything wrong with someone being nominated more than once — definitely check out those links if you’re looking for new blogs to follow!