Bloom Day November 2011

It’s the 15th here in New Zealand and that means today is Bloom Day!  Every month, Garden Bloggers’ Bloom Day is hosted over at May Dreams Gardens :)  If you want to see what’s blooming today all over the world, make sure you check out all the posts that are linked to there!

It was a very exciting morning for me.   I went outside to have a peek at Mr. Courgette and the first flower was open!

The first flower of the season

Close up of first courgette!

It definitely sent my heart fluttering!  How awesome that it opened first on a bloom day!  Just waiting to catch a male flower open (maybe tomorrow?) so I can pollinate this flower! Woot!

And my little chameleon rosebush is putting a great show.  I’m not sure how to explain how absolutely vibrant these flowers are.  They’re beautiful in the morning, and at dusk they’re so bright that they almost glow.  The pinks especially are so vivid, it’s crazy.

In the morning

In the morning

In the morning

I also forgot to tell you about a new garden edition, a little jasmine vine.  I’ve wanted one for years, and they had a couple at the grocery store >.> So I may have forgone food in order to have this, but it’s worth it!  She smells so lovely!

First jasmine flowers of sping

What’s blooming in your garden today?

Nov 15, 2011 @ 22:13:22

Wow looks amazing. So jealous of your zucchini!! I didn’t know you could buy jasmines I thought they were illegal to plant. I love the smell of them so beautiful.

2. gwen
    Nov 15, 2011 @ 22:14:37

They were at New World! I always fought off the neighbor’s vine at my old flat, as it liked to take over my grapevine.

I’m not actually sure where to plant it yet, but hopefully I’ll find a spot!

3. BridgetBridget
    Nov 15, 2011 @ 22:15:49

That Rose looks lovely…and the scent of Jasmine is so gorgeous…don’t blame ya for buying that one.

Nov 17, 2011 @ 01:06:55

I’m really loving the scent — she’s on the kitchen windowsill for now and she’s making the whole house smell wonderful!

4. promenadeplantings
    Nov 15, 2011 @ 22:17:46

That’s bloomin’ fantastic :)

5. gwen
    Nov 15, 2011 @ 22:20:39

Lol thanks! I realize now after reading through the post, I’m really gushing about my roses, but I can’t help it!

6. Carolina HeartStrings
    Nov 16, 2011 @ 01:02:38

Just beautiful! We are fortunate to have things blooming year round in the Carolinas. Especially in the coastal areas. Right now camelias have started and depending on the plant and location they bloom thru the spring. Pink, white, reds and a rare yellow…… all very pretty. I will have to put some up on facebook soon. Have a good one, Gwen :)

7. Layanee
    Nov 16, 2011 @ 03:23:22

OH! Your seasons are the opposite of mine and I will have to visit often during our bleak winter months. Love the squash flowers. I also love that you call them courgettes which sounds more divine than squash. I think I shall have courgettes in my garden from now on.

Nov 17, 2011 @ 01:05:57

Lol I used to call them zucchini, but they call them courgettes here! :) It is a pretty word though..sort of like aubergine instead of eggplant.

8. Christine @ The Gardening Blog
    Nov 16, 2011 @ 03:36:07

Your corgette flower is darling. love the roses & the Jasmine – I have the same jasmine (newly planted). Hope mine looks as good as yours soon!
    Happy GBBD :)

Nov 16, 2011 @ 05:35:15

O how lovely, Gweni! Jealous of your pretty colors, it is rather drab here in Cleveland. Almost all of the pretty leaves are gone along with any form of sunshine.

10. noelmorata
    Nov 16, 2011 @ 07:37:46

aloha,

ah yes jasmines are my favorite especially when you get a wonderful scent of their intoxicating blooms, i can just smell them right now :)

11. Debbie @ Easy Natural Food
    Nov 16, 2011 @ 18:45:12

Hi Gwen, I’ve been meaning to stop by and say hi! I found out about your blog through Emma’s blog. So you”re an American living in NZ? I’m a Kiwi living in the US! Which part of America do you call home?
    Your photos are gorgeous by the way!
    Thanks for visiting me earlier!

12. teri
    Nov 16, 2011 @ 19:34:46

So beautiful!!! The only thing blooming in my garden are weeds… :(