Join me in procrastination!

I follow Meredith’s blog, Life’s Crazy Joke and she is hilarious!  She recently blogged about her hubby and she having a list of celebrities they’re allowed to have sex with.  I linked the post to a friend of mine over IM, and here is the conversation that took place:

[12:18] Me: http://www.lifescrazyjoke.com/our-laminated-lists/
[12:18] Me: this is funny.
[12:20] Friend: lol
[12:21] Friend: you have one?
[12:21] Me: a list?
[12:21] Friend: mhmm
[12:21] Me: ya
[12:21] Me: currently
[12:21] Me: ian somerhalder is at the top
[12:21] Friend: OMG I FORGOT TO TELL YOU
[12:22] Me: o.o
[12:22] Me: WOAH
[12:22] Me: xD
[12:22] Friend: I realized the other day
[12:22] Friend: That when filming, I’m usually no more than about an hour away from that blue-eyed man
[12:22] Friend: since they film here in my city
[12:22] Me: i hate you
[12:22] Me: go to hell
[12:22] Me: rawar
[12:22] Me: *stomps off*

I know I’ve mentioned before my love of Damon from the Vampire Diaries. Unless my friend gets me a picture of him, she’s off my ‘lufflies’ category of friends on my IM list. *waves fist*  I don’t have many celebrity crushes at all, so I’m allowed to say this.

I should really be in the shower and then getting dressed, because I’m flying up to Wellington today (yay) for work and a friend’s not-baby-shower (it’s a halloween-do!).  But the clothes I’m going to wear are currently in the dryer (it’s raining!) and I needed to write a post today.  I’ll be away for a few days, so any posts that appear between now and … Sunday my time have been written in advance!

While I wait for clothes to dry, I shall show you some garden pictures!

Strawberry blossomsThe strawberries that I re-potted are loving life, looks like.  One of them sprouted two flowers the other day! I’m not sure whether I should pinch them off or not…I ended up putting the spare plant that wouldn’t fit into this trough into a pot of her own off to the side.  It’ll be interesting to see which of them do the best, the ones that already lived here or my newer ones I purchased a few months ago.

Sorry for the bad photo — it was really windy out when I took it and I couldn’t get the camera to focus on them closely!

little gem lettuce sproutMy little gem lettuces are doing well — I have about 10 sprouted, I think, but only 6-7 of them look amazing.  Some of them have decided to root themselves sideways so I keep having to reposition the little suckers in their pots!  Do they look a bit yellow to you?  They were even yellower than this a few days ago, before I fertilized everything.

I called Ben’s Dad about everything being yellow, but he said not to worry about it unless things are actually dying/wilting, and nothing is, so far.  He thinks it could have something to do with all the chlorine in our water at the moment (because of the earthquake screwing everything up)– he’s noticed a few client’s plants aren’t doing very well this year, when normally they’re amazing and the only thing that’s different is the water for them.

coriander cilantro sproutsMy coriander is sprouting!  That’s cilantro for you folks over in the US.  I couldn’t believe I missed it the first time I ordered seeds, so I sneakily ordered some with my flower seeds and forgot to tell you.  They came up pretty fast, too.  I have heaps more, so I won’t feel guilty about eating this entire pot’s worth pretty quickly, yum!

Here’s to hoping Ben doesn’t kill anything while I’m gone!  Last time I went to Welly was over a month ago, and things were relatively easy to look after as they’d only just sprouted.  It’s nice to see how far everything’s come, though! :)

And before I finish procrastinating, I have to show you what Ben’s brother brought me back from Germany!  His girlfriend actually made them, but he designed them after our four cats:

Beaded kitty coasters

They’re beaded kitty coasters!  I love them.  I think Winters is my favorite, it looks just like him. Apparently you just put the beads into this thing and then iron the other side (I would have taken another photo to show you that side but now I’ve run out of time).  I don’t actually want to use these as coasters.  I think I might frame them.

Ok, must actually get off my ass now! Wishing you a great couple of days!

How are your gardens doing?  Have you gotten any cool souvenirs from folks over the years?

1. Rebecca
    Oct 26, 2011 @ 13:20:20

you can get those melty bead things at any craft store and make whatever you want!!!! cute idea though – coasters (I’m stealing that idea)

I think all my stuff is done growing. Although, my flower boxes got another round of flowers on them even though it’s cold and almost november!! we had a few days of good rain followed by sun, so I think the poor things are confused!!

Oct 29, 2011 @ 11:21:23

Thanks for telling me about the melty bead things :D They sound like fun. I hate it when the weather confuses the plants :( It’s a bit mean! Lol

2. Jenise Bradshaw (@socialchnge)
    Oct 26, 2011 @ 13:44:30

Hey from Ultimate Blog…. I just started gardening this year; will post an update soon on my blog. we have carrots, 2 types of lettuce, broccoli and collards. We’ll see how it turns out during this season. http://www.iamsocialbutterfly.com

3. Suzanne
    Oct 26, 2011 @ 14:19:18

So funny to see you just starting out on your garden as our season is ending. Okay so I’m a little jealous. I grew lettuce & “coriander” cilantro this summer too! Happy gardening!

I’m glad I found your blog today. :)

Oct 29, 2011 @ 11:18:00

Aw no jealousy! Your garden is resting ;) Thanks for stopping by! Your blog looks really lovely and I’ve added you to my google reader!

4. Ali Bierman
    Oct 26, 2011 @ 16:02:48

My garden is dying for winter. Envious–your plants look good.

Oct 26, 2011 @ 16:42:32

OMGOSH THE KITTIES ARE SO CUTE! What a creative idea :) I would totally frame them too, though. But lol at the list. Mine would most certainly have Orlando Bloom, Josh Groban (for his voice), and Michael Buble (see Josh) on it. I’m not really sure who else I would put. I think the Fiance’s would be about half the women of Mad Men lol

Oct 29, 2011 @ 11:16:32

Haha! Nice list :)

I think I’d put Avery from Grey’s Anatomy as 2nd (must look up his name) and … not sure about third!

6. aprilvak
    Oct 26, 2011 @ 16:54:34

Procrastination? Don’t mind if I do!!

Coriander? Ew, ew, and yuck!

We’re definitely not yet at a place where we can even speculate about sex with celebrities. At least, I’m not, and I better not hear about him doing so.

I love the kitty coasters!! They’re too cute!

Oct 29, 2011 @ 11:15:44

Are you one of those people that’s genetically predisposed to taste soap when you eat coriander? If so, I won’t hold your not liking it against you! MORE FOR ME! :D

7. Emma
    Oct 30, 2011 @ 00:17:42

I’m always behind on catching up (and commenting ¬¬) but HAMA BEADS! I love them! We spent many happy hours as younger kids playing with them. There was always debate with us – you get them in a massive jar of mixed colours – so to separate the colours or not? We were a separating colours family, and I remember amongst others making HAMA versions of number-plates for my neighbour. You should get some and try, they’re so versatile :)

Nov 03, 2011 @ 00:57:19

Ah so that’s what they’re called? Lee (Ben’s brother) said he spent ages sorting them with his girlfriend, so they must belong to your family’s school of thought :P