Moose & Leon’s big day tomorrow

Sleeping LeonAs I write this, a very lovey Leon is trying to convince me to hold him with both arms.  I am trying to fit in as many cuddles with he and Moose.

Tomorrow morning I’m dropping them both off to the vet.  Moose is going in for a dental cleaning (he’s never had one) and it’s finally time to see if they can find Leon’s hidden orchids.  I know I can’t find them!  They must be in there somewhere, though.  He’s still driving Damara & us batty in the middle of the night.

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous for both of them.   I just have to keep telling myself that I’m a responsible pet owner & cat mum, right?

Damara will probably cry for Leon all day until he comes home.  It’s going to be fun all around!

I’m going to distract myself, and you, from my lame nervousness by telling you that I’m off for the next two days, and I already did what I was planning to do on my days off!

I re-potted the new courgette plant, Mr. Courgette (I just know this one is a guy, ok?),  my capsicum (bell pepper), and eggplant sprouts.

The capsicum & eggplant sprouts look alarmingly similar.  At first I thought the capsicums and tomato sprouts looked really similar, but I can see the difference now.  I’m wondering if I mislabeled the ones marked eggplant?  They were in the tray Leon got into originally!  I guess only time will tell xD

Has anyone reading grown both plants from seed? Do they look similar?  I will google when I’m done with this post to see if I can find pictures!

Capsicum & Eggplant sproutsYou may be wondering why my original popsicle stick labels are missing from this photo.  It turns out they like to grow some kind of mold or fungus below soil level, which creeps me out, so I threw out some of them and replaced them with plastic markers.  The plastic ones will last me forever, and hopefully won’t become suddenly fuzzy after I water things.

I found out a few nights ago that my smaller tomato sprouts and the capsicum & eggplants all close up at night when the light goes out!  I had no idea they did that.

My thyme sprouts turned green today!  Yesterday they looked like little white dots, but now you can see they’re actually wee sprouts popping up everywhere.

Thyme sproutsI like to coo at them in the mornings as I take them outside.  I think talking to everyone is definitely helping.

Ben’s Dad and I call each other every few days to update one another our garden progress.  It’s definitely been really cool to have something we can both babble on about for ages. :)

My larger cucumber plant put out its first true leaf.  It was very sudden — I kept watching it, wondering when it would happen and then one morning it was just there!

Cucumber plantThings seem are coming along nicely.  I’m going to have to rethink my garden plan a bit…it’s looking empty until things are big enough to put outside without my being afraid of more plantnapping taking place, lol.

Now it’s time for me to distract myself with catching up on blogs and replying to the awesome comments here!  I feel like I need some worry dolls or something!

What do you like to do to distract yourself from worrying? Any secrets you want to share?

1. promenadeplantings
    Oct 17, 2011 @ 23:41:38

aw, I hope the trip to the vet’s goes ok!
    re the seedlings, until they get their first true leaves it’s really hard to say!

2. aprilvak
    Oct 18, 2011 @ 01:09:26

They will be fine. We had to take Bruce to the bet twice because something was definitely wrong with him. Didn’t figure it out until we busted him eating insulation from a hole he made in the back of a cabinet. I wonder about him sometimes.

I read your blog to distract myself from worrying! I’m so glad you found me!

Oct 19, 2011 @ 22:07:55

Oh my goodness! Bruce sounds like Winters — he’s been our most expensive cat to date, lol! He likes to come home with puncture wounds and get stitches and drainage tubes put into him, and then rip out his stitches.

I’m glad I found you too!

3. Rebecca
    Oct 18, 2011 @ 01:55:01

When I get worried, I eat – which defeats the purpose of sparkpeople, but hey! we do what we gotta do to get us thru!! (wow, that was alot of rhyming!)

I planted 2 rose bushes this summer. One never took to the soil. I think it didn’t get enough sun? So I replanted it into a pot (it was a big one) that I could move around to get the sun, but it still never took that I can tell. I’ll keep it around til next year to see what happens though. My other rose bush is very happy right where she is, and has had 3 bloom sessions!!! After the first go-round, I thought she was done once the flowers fell off, but I kept feeding her and telling her how pretty she is and she bloomed twice more!!!

I also planted 2 hydrangea plants, but I’m not sure if they are happy. They quickly dropped their flowers right aftter being planted, and the leaves turned brown. So we’ll see what happens next year!

Oct 19, 2011 @ 22:05:30

Wow three blooms, that’s awesome! Sadly some plants go into transplant shock, I think. I had it happen to a rose bush a few years ago. Fingers crossed that you get some blooms on your hydrangeas! <3

Oct 19, 2011 @ 12:35:19

I get online and amuse myself! Or now do our 28 day bootcamp. But, I am sure they are both doing just fine <3 I am glad to see you got yourself a new plant, hopefully things work out for the better this time around.

Oct 19, 2011 @ 22:02:17

I have a confession — I have not done a single work out yet. :( I think my computer speakers are locked up in a box in the shed — have to dig them out! But I walked at a very high pace for 20 mins today. Does that count for one of them?