Ms. Courgette was plantnapped!

Warning: my potty-mouth is not filtered in this post.

She was there when I went to bed at 1am, I think.  I’m not sure.  Ben doesn’t remember seeing her (or not seeing her) when he got home either.

All I know is that I ran outside in my fluffy pink robe to throw a bucket over her because we got a freak hail storm today.  She wasn’t there. :(

Fucking theives stole my plant.

Ms. Courgette was last seen in this garden bed.

Yeah.  There are obviously asshats living near me.  Plantnapping asshats. They don’t deserve a better word with no swearing, really.

Russell, my garden security guard,  must’ve dozed off.

WHO STEALS COURGETTE PLANTS?! And the tag next to them?!

If you’re going to steal something, know how to grow it already. Better yet, grow up and buy it.

I’m fairly certain someone is just messing with us now.  Three different things going missing, all on the weekend.

Called the landlord and told him I want a better flood light.  I’m also now shopping for photoelectric beam sensor alarms. I’m sick of this shit.

I’m curious now, though. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever had stolen from you?

1. Emma (@cravingfresh)
    Oct 08, 2011 @ 20:34:42

That’s terrible!

One year I planted Christmas Lily’s and someone came along and chopped the flowers off, leaving me just the roots. That sucked.

2. gwen
    Oct 08, 2011 @ 20:42:36

That does suck! I’m sorry to hear that. Perhaps your plantnappers are related to mine?

At the end of the day, I know it’s just a courgette plant, but it was my first one, ever, and I liked her! xD I will be getting another, even though part of me wonders if more things will now go missing :(

3. promenadeplantings
    Oct 08, 2011 @ 21:02:14

We had our door number plate stolen, admittedly it was truly revolting and twee. I put it down to the style police!
    Good luck with the next plants

4. April
    Oct 08, 2011 @ 21:09:26

Oh, that sucks! My neighbor grows some beautiful roses, and one year someone stopped and took every single bloom. She was super upset.

I immediately thought of my senior year of high school, when someone broke into my car and stole my McDonald’s work shirt. Left all my tapes, tape player, change in the cup holder. Just the McD’s shirt.

Oct 08, 2011 @ 22:35:46

Waa that really sucks. I’d be sad (and pissed) too. Hope you catch them.

Oct 08, 2011 @ 22:40:59

I did walk up and down the block and into a retirement village that has lots of gardens, found nothing! Talked to the neighbor besides us, who owns his own gardening business, and he said one year someone stole a wheelbarrow and two water blasters from him, but the thief left a beer bottle with his fingerprints all over it and was caught.

The neighbor across the street said he had plants stolen from the front of his house…now he doesn’t have any. His house looks like it’s a fortress.

6. Katrina
    Oct 09, 2011 @ 00:49:50

I had all my hose endings stolen and the cheap crappy sprinkler….they left the hose and the 2 good expensive sprinklers….oh and also took the front door mat (old and plain) and a bucket (probably to carry their things) that was half broken

7. Carolina HeartStrings
    Oct 09, 2011 @ 01:44:53

Maybe it’s someone who just wants to aggravate you! There are some REALLY wierd people out there.

Fun blog. And I’ve learned some new cusswords, lol. Asshats? LOVE it!

Regards, Alessa & Tammie (fellow UBC bloggers)

8. rebeccazerjav
    Oct 09, 2011 @ 02:57:31

that is so uncool!!! I cannot believe someone would steal your plant. I was holding out hope that society was not full of asshats everywhere, but I guess that’s just not the case. :(

Oct 09, 2011 @ 11:13:39

Yeah, I still can’t believe it either! I think asshats do make up a very small minority of every city, sadly! I just happened to move into their neighborhood this time. Oops?

9. teri
    Oct 09, 2011 @ 07:19:01

That sucks! I’m sorry…I have the opposite problem. I keep hoping someone will steal my junky car so I can get a new one…maybe I could come park it in your backyard? Also, have you thought about setting up a video camera? Even if you don’t hook it up they might think twice. :)

Oct 09, 2011 @ 11:10:40

Lol you’re welcome to bring your car around! We put an small TV out on the front porch the first time something was stolen but they didn’t take it, sadly. It was broken from the earthquakes here.

We’re going to do the video camera thing once the landlord puts in better lighting, I think! I might get one of those dummy ones in the meantime. That’s a good idea!

Oct 09, 2011 @ 10:32:48

People just make zero sense. Why would you want a zucchini plant? Do they plan on replanting it or just eating it as is? And poor Russel, he is probably really upset with himself for letting you down :( I hope that you find your plant and no more things get stolen from your garden <3

Oct 09, 2011 @ 11:09:13

I really have no idea. I was and still am baffled and somewhat hurt by it, cause…that’s my garden! Russell is fired, I think. He’s welcome to stay in the garden, though. xD I realized they also stole a bag full of medium pots that were on the porch as well.