Garden wishes

This is a  list of what I want to have in my garden one day (wherever that may be):

1.  A lemon tree.  I use lemons in cooking all the time.  Everyday, if I can.  I love lemons.

2.  A lime tree.  See number one.  Limes are freaking expensive.

3.  A wisteria or two.  It smells soooo lovely.  And there’s a variety called black dragon (how cool is that?).  Might not mix well with kids or cats, though, as all parts of this plant are poisonous if ingested…

Tulips4.  Tulips.  I want to give them a go one day.  Not sure what color to get yet.

5.  Lots of English lavender.  I like English lavender more than French, because of the flower structure.  It’s good for making sachets & pillows, and smells so good.

6.  More gnomes.  They rock.  And Russell could use the company.

7.  Gargoyles.  They would help protect stuff.

8.  Dragons.  They would play nicely with gargoyles.

9.  Cats.  Statues, that is.  They’re cute and don’t need feeding.

10.  An angel cat statue for Zeus.  We lost our dear Zeus last March very suddenly and I still haven’t gotten over it yet.  Some days I still tear up thinking about him.  Because he was white, he never got to spend much time in the sun, but I know he would’ve loved to.

11.  A faerie door.  I think I might be able to cross this one-off soon — I spotted a lovely one on trademe.

12.  A faerie sign.  This one is the funniest one I’ve seen so far. :)

13.   Some wind chimes.  I would love to get some of those big bamboo ones that sound really low and pretty, as well as a few lighter, tinkly kinds….I think Ben and I would like the larger ones better, though.  I’m keeping an eye on trademe for some.

13 things seems like enough to wish for at the moment, so I’ll stop here!  Hopefully I can cross some of these off one day!

Is there anything you’d love to have in your garden one day?

1. Bridget
    Oct 25, 2011 @ 02:05:19

I’d love a river or waterfall!

2. Beth
    Oct 25, 2011 @ 04:30:01

Yes, there is…a garden! Or a place for one :-( The lady that owned the condo before us did have a little hanging flower bed that she left on the fire escape stairs. So maybe i could plant some flowers or herbs? Or something else that is small. I also might be able to do a tomato plant on the balcony, but at least we plan on doing a CSA next year.

The bamboo wind chimes are by far my favorite. They are so soothing and calming, a very mellow sound. Love that you have so many plans for your garden. Sorry for any typos, I am on my cell.

Oct 25, 2011 @ 08:08:36

Great list. Sorry about Zeus so sad when you lose a pet especially so suddenly. I’d like even more fruit trees; plums, feijoas, dweet, mandarin, cape gooseberry. tamarillo, nut trees, that might do for now.

4. Frogdancer
    Oct 25, 2011 @ 08:17:06

I just want lots more garden beds, and a way to stop chickens from digging up things. I’ve got the dilemma that if I want to let them free range then all the garden beds have to be fenced and the yard looks like Colditz for plants. If I lock the gerls away, then my yard would look lush and beautiful.

Oct 26, 2011 @ 00:19:17

I hear that’s the main problem with having gerls! I think when we grow up a bit more and get a house of our own, I’d like to have chickens who can have the back half of the back yard, or something. One day!

5. Connie
    Oct 25, 2011 @ 08:39:26

How funny that you say you want a fairy door, that is something that I create for others! If you did have a door, what would it look like? I love the statues and such that gardens contain. My ideal garden would have hidden nooks, a cherry tree, some herbs, and of course lavender. =)

Oct 26, 2011 @ 00:17:59

I think faerie doors should come in a variety of styles, really! I found one that’s covered in ivy leaves that looks neat, but there are some ones that look like wood that I think are adorable, too. Faerie are like people — they all like different things, right?

I did some digging and found your faerie doors! They are so pretty :) Might I be able to feature them in a blog post one day?

A cherry tree! I forgot to add that to my list, too!

6. karenish
    Oct 25, 2011 @ 08:42:34

We have a volunteer vine growing at the base on our back fence. I’d like a pretty iron trellis to run it up.

I’d like a lilac tree. And a fig tree. And maybe a persimmon tree. (But then I’d need more yard.)

Chickens. I have the plans for the coop and the location picked out. Just need to make it happen.

A hot tub.

More flowers.

7. Kitty
    Oct 26, 2011 @ 06:41:41

Hi Gwen I love your Blog, I too would love Lemon trees, impossible in England unless you had an Orangery so perhaps that should be on my list. Good luck with finding the perfect Gargoyles I have two gate guardians and am confident that they protect the garden, and congratulations for the Rugby xx

8. Jules
    Nov 02, 2011 @ 18:23:50

Careful, tulip bulbs are toxic to cats too. :)

9. gwen
    Nov 02, 2011 @ 18:25:06

Thanks for the tip, Jules. I’m fairly sure my cats won’t start eating tulips! The big boys don’t chew anything but grass, and the kittens aren’t allowed outside unsupervised.

10. promenadeplantings
    Nov 15, 2011 @ 09:17:43

what a lovely list. Tulips,wisteria, lavender and lemons and limes. Sounds like a wonderful dreamy place to be :)

11. Trackback: Garden roll call | NZ Ecochick

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 507 other followers